Friday, July 18, 2014

On the Right Side of a Line


On the right Side of a Line

Amazon     B&N

Book Description (from B&N)

I thought I knew where I was going. I had my life all planned out. It had been mapped for me since I was ten. When I turned fourteen I became a Raven, just like my big brother. Yeah. I had it all together before that one event tore my life apart, and that one girl got me all confused.

My Review:

The story line is what first caught my attention. Someone born into a position that seems impossible to get out of. Kurth does a great job in relaying Vallen's inner struggle with his situation. He is torn between his loyalty to his family and community and what he wishes for himself. The only thing I found was missing was the culture. I'm not sure what ethnic background this neighborhood refers to. For me at least the ethnic background can be a great eye opener in how the community reacts to situations. I might have missed the point, but not having that point of view left me a little confused. I might have missed it in the beginning of the book, but that distracted me the most while I read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment